How to Request an Amendment to a New York Public Record

Making changes or corrections to a New York public record can be done by sending a letter to the contact information provided. The letter must be signed by both spouses and notarized if requested by mail. To help you get started, here is a sample letter that you can use as a guide. When writing your letter, make sure to include the following information:

  • Your full name
  • Your address
  • The record you are requesting an amendment for
  • The specific change or correction you are requesting
  • Any supporting documents that may be necessary
Once you have all of the necessary information, you can send your letter via email, fax or postal mail. Make sure to keep a copy of the letter for your records. If you need assistance with the amendment process, you can contact the New York State Department of Health at (888) 899-4500.

They will be able to provide you with more information and answer any questions you may have.

Rory Rabinovich
Rory Rabinovich

Hardcore beer fanatic. Avid zombie lover. Certified zombie aficionado. Infuriatingly humble social media scholar. Passionate pop culture buff.

Leave a Comment

Required fields are marked *